This year’s Morgan Adams Concours d’Elegance had a near brush with the unthinkable: rain. Nobody wants rain on all those gorgeous cars, airplanes, motorcycles—and people! Our staff and volunteers were forced to temporarily relocate all the aircraft, automobiles, and motorcycles just minutes before the event kickoff. Fortunately, the weather subsided, the staff rallied and the guests proved that when it rains it pours. This year we experienced an outpouring of love, support, gratitude—and yes, money—like no other year. We sincerely thank every individual who made the 2013 Concours possible. We raised more than $300,000 to fuel the future of critically needed research into cancer treatments!
TO OUR SPONSORS: First off, without our fabulous sponsors, we’d have nowhere to hold this event, no food and drink for guests, no decorations and nothing to bid on. But year after year, you provide the backbone of this event to help us put an end to pediatric cancer. Thank you!
TO OUR AIRCRAFT, AUTOMOBILE & MOTORCYCLES OWNERS: What would a concours event be without the generous owners who bring out their rare and collectible airplanes, cars and motorcycles? Obviously, without you, this event couldn't’t be and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
TO OUR VOLUNTEERS: We can’t thank you enough for the generous gift of your time, whether you are seeking out sponsors, working with owners, coordinating volunteers or on the ground at the event. Every little piece of the puzzle makes a difference, from the emcees to the bartenders to the people who bus the tables.
TO OUR GUESTS: The outpouring of support from our guests—through ticket sales, auction purchases, CHIP sales and even sharing our mission with friends—means everything to us. Thank you as always for your help in working to end pediatric cancer.
TO OUR PHOTOGRAPHERS: Thank you to the following photographers who help us share the wonder that is Morgan Adams Concours: Blacktie Colorado, Julie Kemerling, John Little, Scott James Photography, and John Waugh. Check out photos from this year's event HERE.
TO OUR AMBASSADORS & THEIR FAMILIES: You are why we are here. Your willingness to be the faces and voices of Concours 2013 goes beyond our thanks. You can learn more about our Ambassadors and their stories here.
AUCTION HIGHLIGHTS: Thank you to our wonderful donors, bidders and auctioneer! The live auction really moved the room and the top selling items were:
- Pura Vida - Costa Rican Vacation. Sold! Thank you to donors Erica & Matt Hogan, Fincabella Vista, Frontier Airlines, San Jose Marriott, La Cusinga Rainforest Coast Lodge, and Blue River Resort for this 10-day journey of a lifetime.
- Mexican Villa. Sold, Three Times!!! Thank you to donors Joshua & Stephanie Johnson for this 7-night stay on the Mexican Riviera at Casa Dena.
- Custom Outdoor Fireplace. Sold! Thank you to donors Jim Roos, Rich Roos, Western Stone Co., St. Vrain Block, and Rio Grande Company for donating a custom built outdoor fireplace with a value of $10,000.
- Luxury Mountain Getaway. Sold, Two Times!! Thank you to the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch and Prestige Imports for donating a 2-night stay and Porsche rental car.
- Porsche Driving School. Sold! Thank you to donors Prestige Imports and Frontier Airlines for this trip to Georgia for two-days of Porsche driving school in Birmingham.
- South African Hunting Safari. Sold! Thank you to donor Mike Young who donated a ten day hunting trip at the Van Wijks Safari camp in South Africa!
BEST IN SHOW AND PEOPLE'S CHOICE RESULTS: Every year, Concours guests vote for the best among the stunning aircraft, automobiles, and motorcycles on display. Here are the results of this year's show - and again, a hearty and heartfelt thanks to all of our generous owners who make this feast for the eyes possible.
People's Choice Aircraft: 1954 Cessna 195B - Alan Haltom
People's Choice Automobile: 1941 Buick Super Sports Coupe – Fred Divine
People's Choice Motorcycle: 2006 Bourget Fat Daddy 330 Softail Chopper – Peter Freytag
The Lyndsey R. Cunningham Award: Peer's Choice - Aircraft: 1943 North American T-6G – Vernon Randel
The Joshua L. English Award: Peer's Choice - Automobile: 1963 Maserati Sebring Series 1 – Andrew Katz
The Christopher J. Henderson Award: Peer's Choice - Motorcycle: 1932 Indian Chief – Jeff Goorman
The Brett M. Derosier Memorial Award - Best in Show: 1948 Tucker 4 Door Sedan – Keith and Eileen Carpenter